This is a Blog called Life in a Balance and the website address is: www.lifeinabalance.com.
2. WHAT DATA IS COLLECTED AND WHY
- Communication Data that includes any communication that you send to me whether that be through the contact form on my website, through email, social media messaging, social media posting or any other communication that you send to me. I process this data for the purposes of communicating with you and for record keeping.
- Customer Data that includes email address, phone number or any other contact details.
- User Data that includes data about how you use my website and any online services together with any data that you post for publication on my website or through other online services. I process this data to operate my website and ensure relevant content is provided to you, to ensure the security of your website, to maintain back- ups of my website and/or databases and to enable publication and administration of my website, other online services and business. My lawful ground for this processing is my legitimate interests which in this case are to enable me to properly administer my website and my business.
- Technical Data that includes data about your use of my website and online services such as your IP address, your login data, details about your browser, length of visit to pages on my website, page views and navigation paths, details about the number of times you use my website, time zone settings and other technology on the devices you use to access my website. The source of this data is from my analytics tracking system. I process this data to analyse your use of my website and other online services, to administer and protect my business and website, to deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you and to understand the effectiveness of my advertising. My lawful ground for this processing is my legitimate interests which in this case are to enable me to properly administer my website and my business and to grow my business and to decide my marketing strategy.
- Marketing Data that includes data about your preferences in receiving marketing from me and my third parties and your communication preferences. I process this data to enable you to partake in my promotions such as competitions, prize draws and free giveaways, to deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you and measure or understand the effectiveness of this advertising. My lawful ground for this processing is to grow my business and to decide my marketing strategy.
4. EMBEDDED CONTENT FROM OTHER WEBSITES
This website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins, and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. I do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave my website, I encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
5. HOW I COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA
6. HOW LONG YOUR DATA IS RETAINED
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognise and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
7. WHAT RIGHTS YOU HAVE OVER YOUR DATA
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. If you wish to do any of the above, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
8. WHERE WE SEND YOUR DATA
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
9. DISCLOSURES OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- Service providers who provide IT and system administration services WordPress.com, Google.com, Zoom.com, Mailchimp.com, Dropbox.com
10. HOW YOUR DATA IS PROTECTED
I have put in place security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used, altered, disclosed, or accessed without authorisation. I also allow access to your personal data only to those companies and personal assistant who have a business need to know such data. They will only process your personal data on my instructions and they must keep it confidential.
11. DATA BREACH PROCEDURES IN PLACE
I have procedures in place to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach if I am legally required to.
LAST UPDATED 22ND MAY 2018